- This event has passed.
Lower Quarter Course – Baltimore, MD
Sep 15, 2018 @ 8:00am - 4:30pm to Sep 16, 2018 @ 7:30am - 3:30pm PDT
Sep 15, 2018 @ 8:00am - 4:30pm to Sep 16, 2018 @ 7:30am - 3:30pm
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Lower Quarter.
This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity.
- PRO CERT 11 CCUs: State Board of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) for those clinicians that hold license in: Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming
- Continuing Education (CE) credits Certificate of attendance for 13 hours
Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques For Lower Quarter
This two-day course will present the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the lumbar spine and sacroiliac joint as well as for the lower extremity. It will include lecture, patient demonstrations, and lab time to give the participants a thorough and in depth coverage of the Mobilization With Movement approach for the lower quarter. This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders with pain free manual joint “repositioning” techniques for restoration of function and abolition of pain.
- Have an appreciation of the concept of the Mobilization With Movement approach.
- Provide a thorough and in depth instruction and practice of the MWM techniques for the lower quarter.
- Develop the knowledge and manual skills to successfully apply and integrate the MWM techniques.
- Integrate taping techniques with Mobilization with Movement.
- Understand the guidelines for safe and effective technique selection.
- Improve clinical outcomes.
- Toes/Feet: IP, MCP, metatarsals, tarsals, plantar fasciitis, and taping techniques.
- Ankle: talocrural, distal tib/fib joint, DF, PF, ankle sprains, and taping techniques.
- Knee: Belt MWM’s, IR MWM, Squeeze technique for meniscus, proximal tib/fib joint, and taping.
- Lumbar: SNAGs, self SNAGs, SLR techniques, SNAGS with SLR, and HEP.
- SI joint: ilial rotations, upslip, plinth and weight bearing techniques, taping techniques.
- Thoracic: SNAGs for rotation, flexion, SB, extension, belt traction, and HEP.
- Hip: flexion, extension, rotation, non-weight bearing and weight bearing techniques.
– Wear loose, comfortable lab clothing (with long hair pulled back)
– Bring your copy of the text, a small hand towel and a Mulligan NAGS & SNAGS Mobilization belt.
– Foam mobilization pads are recommended.
The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy: Textbook of techniques by Hing, Hall, Rivett, Vicenzino and Mulligan, 2015.
(Get 10% off by entering PROMOTIONAL CODE: BAL6E70486 at checkout !! )
Russell Woodman – PT, MS, FSOM, OCS, MCTA
Russell is a professor of Physical Therapy at Quinnipiac University. He was director of the university’s ‘Advanced Masters’ in Physical Therapy from 1988 to 2007. He practices at Montowese Rehabilitation Center in North Haven, Ct. In 1980, Dr. Cyriax awarded him full teaching membership in the British Society of Orthopedic Medicine. He is also an APTA board certified orthopedic specialist and has published numerous articles. In 1997 Brian Mulligan certified Russell as a Mulligan Concept Teacher.