Jacksonville, Oregon – The Mulligan Concept™ Advanced Course – Limited course series!
Jun 3, 2022 @ 8:00 am – Jun 4, 2022 @ 4:00 pm PST
Advanced Course – Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques
This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders and modern pain science with pain free, interactive manual techniques for restoration of function and reduction / abolition of pain. This two-day course will review and fine tune the participants skill level with the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the whole body, and discuss advances in application of the techniques. This course is limited to 12 participants.
- PTs and PTAs will receive 13 CEU’s for those holding license in the state of Oregon. For those residing outside of the state of Oregon, please contact your state governing board to determine reciprocity for your state. All forms required to submit individually for CEU’s can be found on this website under Courses/CEU’s.
- ATs will receive 13 CEUs from the NATA Board of Certification CEU Provider P3566
- Certificate of attendance for 13 hours of instruction is always given
Advanced Course – Follow-up of Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques
This unique approach to manual therapy was discovered and developed by Brian Mulligan F.N.Z.S.P. (Hon), Dip. M.T. from Wellington, New Zealand. This simple yet effective manual approach addresses musculoskeletal disorders and modern pain science with pain free, interactive manual techniques for restoration of function and reduction / abolition of pain. This two-day course will review and fine tune the participants skill level with the Mulligan approach to manual therapy for the whole body, and discuss advances in application of the techniques.
It will include instruction in the use of Pain Release Phenomenon techniques and compression techniques through lecture, demonstrations and lab time to give the participants an opportunity for in-depth problem-solving and refinement of manual skills for application of this Mobilization With Movement ® approach. This course will also prepare those interested for taking the Certified Mulligan Practitioner Exam.
- Have an advanced appreciation of the concept of the Mobilization With Movement ® approach.
- Provide an opportunity to refine and hone manual skills in the MWM techniques for the whole body.
- Learn the Pain Release Phenomenon and Compression Techniques
- Fine tune the knowledge and manual skills to successfully apply and integrate the MWM techniques.
- Better integrate taping techniques with Mobilization With Movement™
- Understand the guidelines for safe and effective technique selection.
- Improve clinical outcomes.
- Prepare for the Certified Mulligan Practitioner Exam.
Two-Day Course (13 contact hours) Instruction, Demonstration and Lab Practice for:
- Pain Release Phenomenon and Compression.
- Techniques addressing – MTP joints, EHL tendon, Dequervain’s tenosynovitis, CMC joint, tennis elbow, proximal radiohumeral joint, shoulder joint, hip joint, patellofemoral joint, cervical spine.
Review, Problem-Solve and Refine Mulligan Concept manual therapy techniques for:
- Hand: IP, MCP, Metacarpals, Carpals, and taping techniques.
- Wrist: MWMs for flexion, extension, supination, pronation, and taping
- Elbow: flexion, extension, proximal radioulnar joint, tennis elbow treatments, and HEP.
- Shoulder: manual and belt MWMs for elevation, IR, ER, functional activities, and HEP.
- Acromialclavicular joint: MWMs, and taping.
- Cervical: NAGs & Reverse NAGs oscillations, MWMs (SNAGs) for flexion, extension, rotation, SB, HEP techniques, traction techniques, Transverse MWMs (SNAGs), Spinal Mobilizations with Arm Movements, Headache/Upper Cervical assessment, and treatment techniques.
- Thoracic: MWMs (SNAGs) for rotation, flexion, SB, extension, belt traction.
- Ribs: First rib technique, 2 through 12 rib techniques.
- Lumbar: SNAGs, self SNAGs, SLR techs, SNAGS with SLR, and HEP.
- SI joint: innominate rotations, upslip, plinth and weight bearing techniques, taping techniques
- Hip: flexion, extension, rotation, non-weight bearing and weight bearing techniques.
- Knee: Belt MWMs, IR MWM, Squeeze technique for meniscus, proximal tib/fib joint, and taping.
- Ankle: talocrural, distal tib/fib joint, DF, PF, ankle sprains, and taping techniques.
- Toes/Feet: IP, MCP, metatarsals, tarsals, plantar fasciitis, and taping techniques.
Course applicants must have completed the following courses –
The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy – Mobilization with Movement:
- Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques for the Upper Quarter
- Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques for the Lower Quarter
Wear loose, comfortable lab clothes. Bring mobilization belts, mobilization pads, if available.
Recommended Reading – Books available online or at course from instructor
As the primary workbook recognized by the Mulligan Concept Teachers Association, it is designed to be used along-side training courses on Mulligan Concept Upper Quarter (Part A – cervical thoracic and upper limb), Lower Quarter (Part B – lumbar spine and lower limb) and Advanced (Part C – advanced techniques) courses. Written with Brian’s own colloquial style, the 7th edition is easy to read (and often humorous), and is a key reference for any manual therapist working clinically today.
The Mulligan Concept of Manual Therapy 2e
Textbook of Techniques
An essential reference for the manual therapist seeking to improve patient’s movement using pain-free hands-on techniques.
Designed as a companion to Mulligan Concept training courses, the text is divided by: Body regions with techniques highlighting key information to assist with clinical reasoning and assessment. Patient and practitioner positioning, guidelines for application and further adjustments.
Don is a graduate of the University of Southern California, where he obtained a Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy in 1981. He is a board certified orthopedic clinical specialist, certified by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
He has over thirty years of clinical experience emphasizing manual therapy, and currently is in independent practice in Jacksonville, Oregon with his wife Lynn and his son Bret. Don is an accredited member of the Mulligan Concept ® Teachers Association and served as Regional Manager in North America from 1999-2013. He has assisted Brian Mulligan on courses since 1994, and has been the principal instructor in postgraduate manual therapy courses since 1998 throughout the United States and internationally.
Rogue Valley International Medford Airport: Medford, OR – MFR
Hotel Options :
Wine Country Inn – Jacksonville: 541-899-2050
Magnolia Inn – Jacksonville: 541-899-0255
Homewood Suites by Hilton Medford: 541-779-9800
Student Reviews & Testimonials
The Mulligan Concept ™ is an outstanding paradigm to integrate into your practice as an athletic trainer. The courses and techniques not only improve your direct patient-care skill set, but also improve your clinical reasoning, decision-making, and communication skills. The techniques are simple to implement in practice and will produce immediate improvements across the gamut of injuries and patient presentations we see as athletic trainers. Practitioners who implement the Mulligan Concept ™ into their clinical evaluations, acute care, and rehabilitation programs will experience significant improvement in their clinical practice.
Don Reordan has outstanding knowledge of, and experience using, the Mulligan Concept ™. He is able to translate his expert knowledge and clinical reasoning in a manner that is effective for both novice and expert learners. He also displays a genuine excitement and joy for teaching the Mulligan Concept ™, which creates a fun learning environment. I highly recommend taking Mulligan Concept ™ courses from Don.
-Russell Baker, DAT, AT Clinical Assistant Professor, Director, Master of Science Athletic Training Program, University of Idaho
“I treat mostly upper extremity disorders and I really liked how I am able to incorporate all three types of neuro-trigger points with my patients. The course was great thank you!”
-Jackie Frabell OTR
“Really enjoyed this course. Found it empowering and definitely something I can use right away. Our teacher did a very good job at gearing towards all skill levels. Definitely a game changer for anyone treating orthopedic conditions.
-Jeremiah Randall, Major-league PT Pittsburgh Pirates
5 people are attending Jacksonville, Oregon – The Mulligan Concept™ Advanced Course – Limited course series!
Early bird price available until August 11, 2021 – BUY NOW